Being in good shape is everyone’s dream but sometimes, it becomes exceedingly difficult to achieve this goal through routine procedures like workouts and diet control. This is where liposuction comes into the picture. As the name suggests, liposuction is a scientific procedure of fat removal from the body using suction.
Purpose and Importance of Liposuction
Liposuction is majorly used to reshape the problematic body areas which cannot be tamed through exercise and diet control. Such areas mostly include the hips, upper thighs, upper arms etc.
However, one thing that should be kept in mind is that liposuction is NOT a weight reduction method and it can never be used as an alternative to workouts and diet control to get rid of obesity.
Limitations Associated with Liposuction
Since liposuction is a critical surgical procedure, certain factors must be kept in mind while performing or undergoing it.
For instance, removal of very large volumes of fat is prohibited during the process. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons defines a large volume as being anything more than five liters.
Also, before proceeding with liposuction, it is always best to get your health and body properly examined by a health care specialist to determine the health effects of the process.
Different Options for People Undergoing Liposuction
With the passage of time, many diversified techniques have evolved to make this procedure more patient-friendly and feasible in terms of pain reduction and safety.
Some of the procedures include:
- Tumescent Liposuction: This procedure doesn’t require a general anesthetic to be induced in the body which prevents unconsciousness. Rather, a local anesthetic like epinephrine and lidocaine is used to simply numb the body part where liposuction is to be performed.
- Ultrasound Associated Liposuction: This procedure involves liquefaction of the targeted fat with the means of ultrasonic rays, which makes the fat easier to remove.
- Laser-Associated Liposuction: In this procedure, laser rays are used to liquefy the fat which is to be removed, using a canola.
Profile of the Patient Undergoing Liposuction
Examples of Patients who are suitable candidates for this procedure include:
- Enlargement of male breast (gynecomastia)
- Reduced metabolism of body lipids (lipodystrophy)
- Benign tumors (lipomas)
- Excessive underarm sweating (axillary hyperhydrosis)
Other than this, liposuction is usually performed on patients of an age group ranging from 16 to 50 years with no gender restrictions.
But the final decision for undergoing this procedure should always be made by the medical practitioner after a complete health examination of the patient.
Benefits of liposuction
Once you take the right decision for your body, this fascinating technique can do wonders for you. Be it the pleasure of looking your best, wearing the trendiest outfit out there and nailing it to perfection and most importantly, regaining your self confidence which was simply lost due to those few annoying extra pounds of fat, liposuction can surely help you.
Other than these benefits, liposuction can also immensely help patients with various medical conditions attain a slimmer and more fit body with excess fat deposits.
If you are looking for a trusted plastic surgeon, feel free to use our intuitive Directory!
Looking for Offers/Promotions on Plastic Surgery? Email firstname.lastname@example.org